[OSGeo-Discuss] Follow Up To "Standards - An Ugly Truth"

Landon Blake lblake at ksninc.com
Mon Jun 25 08:22:17 PDT 2007

I can see that I hit a chord with my post about software standards, and
that if nothing else,I generated some good discussion. I hope the end
result of this discussion will be positive. At best we will find
consensus on some issues and will be able to work on improving things.
At worst I hope we will have a better understanding of the different
perspectives on software standards.

I'm afraid that I won't be able to individually respond to all of the
e-mails that I got with comments on my post. There where at least 20 of
them, and several were sent to me off the list as well. I will try to
read through the messages and respond to the some of the points that
were made on my blog. I agreed with many of these points and disagreed
with a few. I also changed my opinion on a couple of the issues after
reading several of the comments, which I think is a great.

I'm almost afraid to blog anymore on these topics, after realizing how
narrow my own perspective can be.

Thank you to all for taking the time to read the post and for taking the
time to make well-though responses. I appreciate being a member of these
communities.

Landon (A.K.A. - The Sunburned Surveyor)

Warning: