[OSGeo-Discuss] Suggestion for OSGeo wiki : GeSHi plug-in to create snippet repository

Eduardo Patto Kanegae eduardo.kanegae at inflor.com.br
Thu Jun 28 19:11:55 PDT 2007

Hi folks,

Today I made a setup of GeSHiCodeTag[1] extension for MediaWiki and found this plug-in very usefull.
I suggest this tool withing OSGeo Wiki because it can enable users to contribute including
their own snippets ( mapfiles, shell scripts, other programming language snippets) and
everything will appear pretty formated ( sintax highlighted) for the user.

I saw that OSGeo wiki[2] is running 1.6.3 MediaWiki package , so I can't confirm you that this extension will work without a MediaWiki upgrade .
At GeSHiCodeTag, MediaWiki 1.6.8 was already tested and my setup was under 1.9.3 mediawiki release.

MapServer MapFiles snippets appears nice when rendered using Ruby lexer, despite to write a new GeSHi is not that difficult.

See GeSHi[3] site for further information.

1. http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:GeSHiCodeTag
2. http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Special:Version
3. http://qbnz.com/highlighter/

best regards,