[OSGeo-Discuss] Update on the Free GIS Book

Sunburned Surveyor sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 11:47:25 PDT 2007

I've added a post to the OpenJUMP Blog detailing my recent and upcoming work
on the Free GIS Book. You can read the blog post here:
http://openjump.blogspot.com/

I'd like to know if anyone can provide me a source of information about the
use of RADAR and other technology to measure distances in cartography and
geodesy applications. I mention this briefly in my section of the Mapping
Math chapter on "Measuring Distances", but I don't know very much about it
and would like to do some research to make sure what I'm saying is correct.

I'd also like to start laying out a print version of the chapter, as I'm
accumlating what will be at least a few pages of material. I can start on a
layout for a hard copy version of the Free GIS Book, but I'd like to get
some input from the OSGeo "branding" folks if possible.

As always, I welcome comments and suggestions on the chapter material.

Thanks,

Landon (A.K.A. - The Sunburned Surveyor)