[OSGeo-Discuss] Re: FOSS4G 2007 Workshop Submission

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Thu Mar 29 09:57:12 PDT 2007

Bob Basques wrote:

> Why not simply have an all OSGEO conference.

FOSS4G is "presented by OSGeo", it is already an OSGeo conference.  This
has the very real consequence that if the conference loses money OSGeo
loses money. They are holding the financial risk bag.

If I am not satisfying everyone or being "too commercial" or talking too
often about whether a certain thing will "attract delegates", it is
because I take very SERIOUSLY my responsibility to OSGeo to make sure
this conference does well and does cause a liability for the organization.

So I hustle for corporate sponsors of ALL KINDS, I market to ALL KINDS
of potential attendees, and I try to make sure that if we do not please
all of the people all of the time, we at least please most of the people
most of the time.

Paul

--

   Paul Ramsey