[OSGeo-Discuss] Re: FOSS4G 2007 Workshop Submission

Daniel Ames dpames at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 14:52:49 PDT 2007

Jody and others,

Thanks for all of the interesting discussion.  I must admit it's hard to be
too critical of the conference committe having not volunteered to
participate on it (maybe next time?).  So thank you to all who are working
on this.  I also understand that any kind of review process is challenging
and will have detractors.

To answer your question, yes.  The MapWindow community is fully behind the
development focused workshops since 80% of our active users are developers
using our libraries.  How many of them are coming to Victoria, I don't
know.  I told Paul that we have so far had about 200 "click throughs" on our
FOSS4G 2007 logo on the MapWindow.org home page, so the presumption is that
some of these folks will attend, tell their friends, and so forth.

Maybe some of Franks suggestions could be considered.  If not this time,
then perhaps next year?
Again thanks to those of you who volunteer so much time to give open source
geospatial software a fighting chance.

Dan