[OSGeo-Discuss] Re: FOSS4G 2007 Workshop Submission

Jody Garnett jgarnett at refractions.net
Fri Mar 30 12:39:55 PDT 2007

Arnulf Christl wrote:
> Hey Paul,
> without wanting to break your planning, would it be possible to cut the
> Mapbender Workshop slot and share it with GeoNetwork (if they are happy
> with 1.5 hs)?
The Mapbender workshop is a better fit with the GeoTools codewise
introduction to GIS. If we include .net examples we still tell a
consistent story as a workshop and we manage to have a something for
both Java and .net developers.

I am talking to Daniel now to see if this is actually a good idea.

GeoNetwork is however in a class of its own (the only catalog / Metadata
component to submit a workshop proposal).
>  I would be pleased to shorten our part a bit to make some
> space as I think that metadata actually is a highly important bit. So far
> I do not see anything else on metadata.
>
> I don't want to start shuffling and all but yes, I feel some arguments are
> right.
>
> Regards,

Cheers, and thanks for thinking of others Arnulf even if all we can do
is learn for next time.

Cheers,
Jody