[OSGeo-Discuss] Re: Liability protection project - call for participants

Allan Doyle adoyle at eogeo.org
Tue May 15 08:42:54 PDT 2007

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, it's a topic that has
renewed relevance.

 From the sound of it, OSGeo itself has too many eggs in its basket
to risk having them broken by providing a shield. But that ought not
stop geo-foss developers from either joining up with Bruce's idea or
from setting up a geo-clone of that idea.

Ideally, the legal issues would only have to be worked out once, and
everyone who wanted could join the "shield". There's nothing
inherently different about geo in this case, is there?

	Allan