[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo Journal Now Available

Helton Uchoa uchoa at opengeo.com.br
Tue May 15 13:03:09 PDT 2007

Hi, good news!

I think it´s important now to define the permition to translate e distribute
in another language.
I´d like to publish some articles in portuguese on www.geolivre.org.br

Uchoa

2007/5/15, Allan Doyle <adoyle at eogeo.org>:

> Thanks Tyler - this is fantastic! I'm learning a lot already, reading
> through it.
>
> It would be good to clarify the copyright on the journal. Right now,
> on page 70, it says "all articles are copyrighted by the respective
> authors", and that's probably as it should be. But it's unclear how
> anyone could reproduce copies of the journal.
>
> For instance, is it ok to post a copy on another web site? Is it ok
> to print 5 copies for a small office? Could the UN print and mail
> copies to a number of field offices? Can copies be distributed on a
> CD? etc. etc.
>
> I think this could be solved with a CC-Attribution-NoDerivs or maybe
> the non-commercial version of that license that covers the entire
> journal issue. (I can't look up the "real" CC license version, their
> site seems to be suffering some malady right now).
>
> Then people could print entire copies but would have to get
> permission from the authors to make copies of individual articles.
>
>         Allan
>
> On May 15, 2007, at 10:54, Tyler Mitchell wrote:
>
> > It is my pleasure to announce that Volume 1 of the OSGeo Journal is
> > now available for your reading pleasure!
> >
> > http://www.osgeo.org/journal/volume1
> >
> > This is the first volume of the new Journal and includes many
> > interesting articles, news and updates from our open source
> > communities.
> >
> > We already have some content ready for Volume 2 and have learned many
> > lessons along the way that will help the next volume be even better.
> >
> > A big thanks to the editorial team for their hard work in pulling it
> > all together and to all the great contributions we received from
> > writers, developers, users and project teams.  I'm excited to see that
> > we can promote projects, educate readers and provide news/info all in
> > our own professional publication.
> >
> > I hope you enjoy it!
> >
> > Sincerely,
> > Tyler
> >
> > p.s. Please note that the Journal has an official ISSN number
> > (1994-1897) that you can cite in your formal bibliographic references.

> Allan Doyle
> +1.781.433.2695
> adoyle at eogeo.org

Helton UCHOA :: uchoa@{opengeo.com.br;geolivre.org.br;open3dgis.org}
Consultant in Free Software for Geomatics - 55 21 8272-4899
OpenGEO :: On-demand training and solutions :: www.opengeo.com.br
Geolivre Conference 2007 :: FOSS GIS solutions :: www.geolivre.org
GEO Livre community:: Because Geoinformation should be free ::
www.geolivre.org.br
Open3DGIS.org :: The Open Source Web 3D GIS :: www.open3dgis.org
Be free by using Free Software, such as MapServer, uDIG, Open 3D GIS,
QGIS...