[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo Journal Now Available

Daniel Ames dpames at gmail.com
Wed May 16 11:12:42 PDT 2007

This may be a good time to mention a thread that Tyler and I discussed
a month ago with respect to the OSGeo Journal.

I suggested that we explore the option of having 2-4 peer reviewed
science type journal articles in future editions in addition to the
project updates and other types of articles, and I volunteered to help
coordinate the peer-review process. I'd be interested to know what
others think of this.  Would anyone else find it useful to have a
FOSS4G oriented  peer-reviewed journal article outlet? Anyone else to
volunteer for a peer review process? (Tyler are you still interested
in this idea?) - Dan

--
Daniel P. Ames, PhD, PE
Dept of Geosciences