[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo Journal Now Available

Dan Putler putler at sauder.ubc.ca
Wed May 16 11:35:25 PDT 2007

Hi Dan,

It is an interesting idea. Although, I think some thought would need
to be put into the scope of the articles that would be a fit for this
outlet. Would the focus be on scientific analysis that happened to be
carried out using FOSS4G products, or would it be about software
tools specifically developed to carryout scientific analyses? What
would be the discipline scope of the articles? Could your paper on a
study of the impact of irrigation run-off in the Snake River water
shed be next to mine on my new model for retail site location that
addresses demand from local residential and workforce population,
along with demand from mobile customers (allowing us to have a
hydrology and a marketing paper side-by-side)?

In any event, I'm very interested in the idea, and would be willing
to be part of a committee on  the topic, which seems like the logical
next step if there is any interest.

Dan