[OSGeo-Discuss] *Nominations: New Charter Members*

P Kishor punkish at eidesis.org
Fri May 25 09:44:45 PDT 2007

On 5/25/07, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo CRO) <cro at osgeo.org> wrote:
> * Nominations for new Charter Members is now open *
>
> The Board of Directors has asked me to coordinate the election of up
> to 15 new Charter Members[1].  The process they have approved is
> described here:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/New_Membership_Process.
> I am filling the Chief Returning Officer (CRO) role.

..

as an "officer" of the foundation, am I automagically a charter
member? I guess not, because I am not in the list indicated below.

> [1] Current charter Members: http://www.osgeo.org/content/foundation/
> members/voting_members.html

Should I be one? Can I be a board officer and not be a member?

Ph.D. Program, Nelson Institute, UW-Madison http://www.nelson.wisc.edu/
Vice-President, Open Source Geospatial Foundation http://www.osgeo.org/
S&T Policy Fellow, National Academy of Sciences http://www.nas.edu/