[OSGeo-Discuss] Re: idea for an OSGeo project -- a new, open data format

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) bartvde at osgis.nl
Wed Nov 14 04:27:48 PST 2007

I agree that most of these things don't belong in a data format.

But for metadata it would really make sense to be in there IMHO, and
information about the projection/CRS as well. Data without metadata is
worthless anyway (in an ideal world ...).

For shapefiles one can compare this to the .prj projection file and the .xml
metadata file.

Best regards,
Bart

--