[OSGeo-Discuss] Supporting new projects

Fawcett, David David.Fawcett at state.mn.us
Tue Oct 2 19:20:13 PDT 2007

A first, and maybe only step might be to provide wiki space, or some
sort of templated content management space for new open source
geospatial projects to introduce and display themselves.  Using a
standard template, they could provide a project background, context,
current capabilities, proposed/planned/future capabilities, linkages to
other os geospatial projects, etc.  The advantage of a template would be
that one could easily put projects into context and compare them.

Maybe there could be a forum to facilitate/generate communication about
and between new projects.  This could also be handled with a listserv,
but it could (and hopefully would) be a high traffic list.

In rough concept, I am thinking of a place where new osg projects can
make themselves known, find opportunities for collaboration, and
hopefully build a community of supporters.

David.