[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo Labs

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 15:46:47 PDT 2007

Thanks Julien-Samual, your wiki page is a great start and has helped me
crystallize my thoughts on the phases of incubation. These are the
phases I think we should go through:

Registration: (What is a better term)
========
* Champion of project has done a self assessment of registration
criteria (Open Source, Geospatial, etc)
* Champion has registered project in OSGeo Labs web page
* Champion is encouraged to discuss project on osgeo-discuss

Awaiting Incubation: (advertised in OSGeo Labs)
=============
* Project has completed incubation entry criteria
* Incubation committee has reviewed and approved the project to go into
incubation
* Awaiting an OSGeo mentor to be assigned.

Incubation:
=======
* Project has been assigned an OSGeo mentor and is actively completing
graduation criteria.
* Project has partial OSGeo bragging rights and is particially promoted
by OSGeo.

Graduated:
=======
* Project has completed graduation.