[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo Labs

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Oct 5 18:24:20 PDT 2007

Folks,

I was thinking about promoting new projects and one thing that came to
mind that might be helpful is doing a "Project Spotlight" on new projects.
We could do it in a form somewhat similar to the Spotlights we used to do
for people (but have lapsed, leaving Tom on the front page forever!).  These
spotlights would be on the OSGeo front page briefly, could be sent out to
discuss (and perhaps announce), and could likely be included in the OSGeo
Journal.

The spotlights could be done in a question/answer interview style that
would make it easy for folks to get a sense of what the project is about,
it's status, and where it might fit in with other projects.   The
interviewer/editor could help ensure an appropriate level of detail and
some consistency between spotlights.

*But* to make this work, we would need one or more "project spotlight"
interviewer/editors.  Does anyone think this would be a useful idea, and/or
be interested in helping make it work?

Best regards,