[OSGeo-Discuss] California Chapter

Allan Hollander adhollander at ucdavis.edu
Thu Oct 11 18:07:37 PDT 2007

In terms of initial web presence Tyler suggested setting up a California page
on the OSGeo wiki, to be linked from the local chapters page at
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Local_Chapters. Also OSGeo hosts many of the

One good project might be to provide an OSGeo presence at the 2008 CalGIS
conference (http://www.calgis.org/), which will be in April in Modesto. I've
never been to one of their conferences but it has grown to be a big deal.
(Unfortunately, I won't be able to make the 2008 meeting, already having made
out-of-state travel plans for that date). Evidently at last year's meeting
there was a good deal of interest in open source geospatial (e.g.
http://base.bargc.org/?q=node/85): for one thing Paul Ramsey and the
Refractions folks had an exhibit there -- see Paul's blog post at
http://geotips.blogspot.com/2007/04/calgis-notes-day-1.html. If OSGeo were
there in 2008 it might be very timely.

-- Allan