[OSGeo-Discuss] a home for OSGeo hardcopy materials?

Dave Patton davep at confluence.org
Fri Oct 12 09:24:07 PDT 2007

Jeff McKenna wrote:
> Hello Dave,
>
> Yes in fact I have been compiling all conference documents through the
> years at: http://www.osgeo.org/conference/archives
> Please send me all FOSS4G2007 documents, logos, reports, etc. so we can
> make sure they are placed on a server for future reference.

> Dave Patton wrote:
>> I'm sorting through the Workshop/Lab evaluation
>> forms from FOSS4G2007, which we are going to
>> have scanned into PDF documents. Although these
>> aren't necessarily a good example, it made me
>> wonder if OSGeo has a plan or mechanism in place
>> to archive hardcopy documents?

Jeff - that's good to know, but my question was
about the hardcopies. For example, I see you have
some evaluation form templates for 2004 & 2005
on the server. I can send you the electronic copy
of the Workshop/Lab evaluation forms we used for
2007, but that still leaves the question of what
should happen to the actual evaluation forms.

In this particular example, it's perhaps not a real
issue, as we are going to have all the Workshop/Lab
evaluation forms scanned to PDF, and those PDFs can
be stored on the server. However, there might be
situations where there is "actual paperwork" that
OSGeo may want to keep(e.g. signed contracts, etc.).

--
Dave Patton

Degree Confluence Project:
Canadian Coordinator