[OSGeo-Discuss] Romanian local chapter

Arnulf Christl (OSGeo) arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Tue Oct 16 01:30:38 PDT 2007

Vasile Craciunescu wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> Just want to inform you that we are starting a new OSGeo local chapter, a
> Romanian one. The chapter will be built around the geo-spatial.org
> community (a Romanian geospatial resource website we maintain). More
> details were added on the wiki page
> (http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Romanian).
>
> Any comments/ideas/thoughts are welcome.
>
> Regards,
> Vasile

Hi Vasile and "Romanians at large",
congratulations and welcome to the international community. It is good to know that Romania is already well under way with FOSSGIS!

We are planning to set up a mailing list dedicated to local chapter development including OSGeo web site translation issues and formal things that will only crowd this discuss list.

If you need anything in the meantime feel free to contact WebCom, Marketing or whoever you need directly.

I am personally always interested in integrating business and commercial activities with the FOSSGIS community. From what I see on the Wiki page currently there is not much presence in your emerging local chapter from that side yet. I suggest to consider contacting some companies directly, Romania will probably also have some businesses actively involved with FOSSGIS. If you don't feel like talking to businesses you can also send me some contacts directly and I will proceed to contact them. I can see that http://www.osgeo.org/search_profile does not even list Romania yet. We should amend this asap.

Best regards,
Arnulf.

--
Arnulf Benno Christl