[OSGeo-Discuss] Dutch Local Chapter & OSGeo presentation

Jeroen Ticheler Jeroen.Ticheler at fao.org
Thu Oct 18 07:59:54 PDT 2007

Hi all,
I've been in The Netherlands this week in a seminar on FOSS in the
geospatial world. Wim de Haas and Wim Blanken were organizing this
excellent seminar in which I had the honor to also speak on behalf of
myself. I tried to make it into a good pitch for OSGeo. The
presentation has been added to the documents library.

http://www.osgeo.org/node/452

It's in Dutch and I used a previous presentation already available
here in English (although I can't seem to find it anymore....). It
was extended with OSGeo stuff.

======== Dutch local Chapter =========

What came up pretty strongly was the idea of a Dutch local chapter.
This would be an inclusive, or linguistic chapter for those speaking
Dutch, so more a Benelux (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg) and other
places like Suriname.

This is a good opportunity for consolidation of existing Dutch
websites focussing on open source GIS into a more active community
location. I just write this email to get the discussion started :-)

So:
Alle Nederlanders met interesse voor een Nederlandstalig OSGeo
Chapter, laat je horen.

I've asked for a Dutch mailing list. Once created it should appear in
the list at:

http://lists.osgeo.org

Groeten,
Jeroen