[OSGeo-Discuss] Dutch Local Chapter & OSGeo presentation

deng dongpo dongpo.deng at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 14:03:34 PDT 2007

Hi, Jeroen and Emil
I'm also interested in the Dutch Chapter. In fact I'm the initial member of
Taiwan Chapter, but studying in the Netherlands. It's very interesting that
there is a Dutch in our Chapter. At the moment, I will see how to join Dutch
Chapter. It seems to some knids of exchange!! Besides, we always have to
translate the information to English for out Dutch friend.  I agree
with Emil's idea, there might be no need to translate the information to
Dutch and I will be more easy to catch information about Dutch Chapter. ^_^
!

Cheers

Dongpo

On 10/18/07, Emil Zegers <e.zegers at chello.nl> wrote:

> Hello Jeroen,
>
> I'm interested in a Dutch Local Chapter.
>
> Although not active involved in OS GIS development at the moment, I
> believe
> a local chapter would be a nice place to keep myself informed.
>
> Most of the time the Dutch don't seem to need a translated website or
> local
> initiative because we know how to read and write English, at least good
> enough we think :-)
>
> But I welcome the ease and charm of a local chapter so I support the idea.
>
> On http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Local_Chapters the Dutch chapter is
> already listed I saw.
>
> Regards,
>
> Emil

Dongpo Deng

PhD Student
International Insittute for GeoInformation Science and Earth Observation
(ITC)
Research Assistant
Institute of Information Science, Academia