[OSGeo-Discuss] local chapters

Dimitris Kotzinos kotzino at csd.uoc.gr
Tue Oct 23 09:35:18 PDT 2007

Dear all,

I briefly followed some discussions on how to create a local chapter of
OSGEO. So my apologies for asking probably yet once more the same
question but I would like to know:
- how can one start a local chapter?
- is there a link somewhere detailing the process?
- is there a process (I mean legally) that should be followed?

If somebody could answer that I would be grateful since we have a first
open source GIS event in about a month time and I think it would be a
great time to announce it.
I am interested in creating a Greek Local Chapter.
Additionally if there is any ready made material that presents the
organization could somebody direct me to it so that I can try (but not
necessarily succeed :)) to present the ongoing efforts.

Best regards to all,
and again my apologies for asking the same questions over again.

Dimitris Kotzinos

Dr. Dimitris Kotzinos
Department of Geoinformatics and Topography
TEI of Serres
and
Information systems Laboratory
Institute of Computer Science