[OSGeo-Discuss] packaging FOSS GIS for Ubuntu in education

Jacolin Yves yjacolin at free.fr
Fri Oct 26 00:54:17 PDT 2007

Gaving,

The Francophone LC try to run such a project but with francophone
documentation, application in french, francophone data, etc. Someone (french)
is working on a personal liveCD (GeoLive) and I think we will use it.

Of course other liveCD exists and are great as well: Omniverdi LiveCD, some
LiveUsb, etc.

It could be interestinig to get such an official project with the ability to
change data, documentation and langage, i.e. I18n of the liveCD, easily.

Nice challenge indeed, and the Francophone LC will be ready to produce data
and documentation for this liveCD ;)

Regards,

Y.

Yves Jacolin