[OSGeo-Discuss] packaging FOSS GIS for Ubuntu in education

RAVI KUMAR ravivundavalli at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 27 23:02:48 PDT 2007

Hi,
  GRASS on a Ubuntu / Mandriva Linux distribution is most welcome.
  As it was said on this list, still installing GRASS on Linux needs GEEK support.

  GRASS on MS-Windows can lure neo-converts, to migrate to GRASS on Linux.
  Until recently (even now ??) GRASS on windows has serious difficulty, hope this also gets resolved.
  Cheers
  Ravi Kumar

Venkatesh Raghavan <raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp> wrote:
  Hi Cameron and others,

Cameron has made an excellent suggestion and
summarized what needs to be done.

Our Mandriva FOSS4G Toolkit is not a LiveCD.
The CD and training material can be assessed from.
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Educational_Content_Inventory#Training_Notes_on_Spatial_Data_Sharing_using_FOSS

We are now testing and re-building RPM for
Mandriva 2008. I will put all info about this
on wiki and inform on this list.

Kind regards

Venka

http://mail.yahoo.com