[OSGeo-Discuss] arcGIS and Grass compatibility

Paulo Marcondes paulomarcondes at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 04:37:30 PDT 2007

2007/9/14, RAVI KUMAR <ravivundavalli at yahoo.com>:

> for the 'Indian scene', moving to FOSS GIS is the only way GIS can help at
> all levels.

Hi Ravi,

I feel the same applies here in Brazil. But I feel MS is way too
entwined in peoples mind, so a move to FOSS generally is a hard way.
With GIS I would say that big Corps (like the one I work to) are not
going to FOSS, mainly because money is not an issue.

Govs on the other side, have to be persuaded, and we are seeing a
slow, but seemingly steady movement in that direction.
--
Paulo Marcondes = PU1/PU2PIX
-22.915 -42.224 = GG86jc