[OSGeo-Discuss] Simplest of questions (with one assumption)

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Apr 16 09:33:12 PDT 2008

Rick Steinberger wrote:
> It seems that SDF3 is the native data format for mapguide server.  How
> does one create SDF3 data without commercial software?

Rick,

I believe SDF3 is fully supported by the open source FDO library.  So
you could use something like fdo2fdo to translate other FDO supported
formats (like shapefiles for instance) into SDF files.

I won't claim this is especially easy ... but, it is possible.

The fdo-users list would be a good place for additional detailed questions
on this front.

Best regards,