[OSGeo-Discuss] Photo stories form FOSSGIS events

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Wed Apr 30 18:03:39 PDT 2008

Folks,

AFAIK, we - the OSGeo - have participated in a number of interesting
GIS/FOSSGIS events [1]. Also, new events [1] are planned in near future.

I'd like to call for photo stories from events in which OSGeo
people attended :-) It would be cool to syndicate photo stories ie. on
Flickr, by tagging it with osgeo tag and/or submitting to the OSGeo
group [2] (BTW, there is also more general group [5] available).

I'd also spread the idea from FOSS4G 2007 about asking people to put
conference photos on the Flickr and tag with foss4g2007 [3] so they can
be gathered on the website [4]. It would be cool if we will
do the same in 2008.

Pictures tell stories and I'm sure they are interesting for those
who can not attend some events.

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Category:Events
[2] http://www.flickr.com/groups/osgeo/
[3] http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/foss4g2007/