[OSGeo-Discuss] project management software (foss) for GIS projects

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Aug 4 18:44:35 PDT 2008

maning sambale wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a FOSS PMS for managing GIS projects.  Are there any
> you can recommend?  I'm looking at trac, it's primarily for managinf
> software projects.  Is there anybody here who have used it for
> managing GIS projects?
>
> cheers,
> maning

Trac/svn really isn't a good option since it would keep copies of every
version of the binary. Poking around a little I found something based on
  versioning of Postgis data.
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTOOLS/Versioning+Postgis

Maybe that's more what you're looking for, it would track individual
record changes within your spatial layers.

Alex