[OSGeo-Discuss] Astun Technology becomes OSGeo Associate Sponsor

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Wed Aug 6 14:50:16 PDT 2008

I'm pleased to announce that Astun Technology has become the latest
OSGeo Associate Sponsor.  I met Mike Saunt earlier in the year and
was glad to hear about their use of MapServer, PostGIS and other open
source products.

They describe the company as:

"...an innovative web mapping company producing the iShareMaps
platform.  The iShareMaps platform is changing how Local Councils and
Police Authorities in the UK can supply information (location based
or not) to their citizens whether via traditional Interactive
Mapping, property based lookups such as My House or keeping citizens
up to date with location based email alerts.  The platform now links
over 35 different back office systems to provide citizens with a
single accessible view of information around their area.  Astun fully
supports OSGeo and as such iShareMaps can be configured with great
Open Source solutions such as MapServer , PostgreSQL/PostGIS and GDAL/
OGR."

Please join me in thanking Astun Technology for their encouraging
show of support as an OSGeo Sponsor.

You can learn more about their work at: http://www.isharemaps.com/

Sincerely,

Tyler