[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo and use of freenode for IRC

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Tue Aug 19 08:12:21 PDT 2008

On 18-Aug-08, at 9:55 PM, Dave Patton wrote:

> Has the OSGeo foundation, or any of the OSGeo projects,
> done the Group Registration with freenode?
> http://freenode.net/group_registration.shtml

Yes, I did this a long time ago.  Our main channel #osgeo and any
other channels starting with #osgeo- are registered to our group.  We
also have the option to use an OSGeo "cloak".  If you are a regular
user and want to hide your hostname and show the special "osgeo/
member" tag instead, then let me know your nick and I'll request your
cloak to be created.

Tyler