[OSGeo-Discuss] Project config files and interchange

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Mon Aug 25 07:59:20 PDT 2008

Over the weekend I had the concepts of the OSGeo Cartographic Library
[1] on my mind.  I think I'd like to try is to transformation some
configuration files between different open source mapping
applications, especially those running with XML config files.  To get
familiar with the various types of config files I started a wiki page
[2] where links can be added and real examples of the structure or
schemas can be added.  If anyone else is interested in this idea of
interchange between projects (even with proprietary ones), add your
favourite project or improve some of the links I added to the
Configuration Files page.

Anyone interested?

Tyler

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Cartographic_Library