[OSGeo-Discuss] Local Chapter, network and structuration

Dave Patton davep at confluence.org
Mon Aug 25 09:41:29 PDT 2008

On 2008/08/25 9:18 AM, Landon Blake wrote:
> There is no way I can go to FOSS4G in a foreign country, but I could
> likely get to a North American meeting on the West Coast. I'm sure
> others are in the same boat.

Well, North America's "West Coast" includes the
'foreign countries' of Canada and Mexico, if you
live in the USA.

If people are saying they can't attend [insert name
of OSGeo event here], then it would be useful to
state why they can't attend. There is a difference
between "travel/accommodation cost is 'too high'"
and "my workplace has to authorize the travel, and
they do not send people to events outside the
continent, regardless of the costs".

--
Dave Patton
CIS Canadian Information Systems