[OSGeo-Discuss] Can you get to FOSS4G2009 on this date?

Ian Turton ijturton at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 09:49:36 PDT 2008

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 6:51 AM, Cameron Shorter
<cameron.shorter at gmail.com> wrote:
> In Sydney we are finalising venue and date details and want feedback on
> whether any specific dates are going to clash.
>
> If there are important Geospatial events for 2009 happening in your region,
> could you please tell us when and where they are and what attendees are
> likely to be effected.
> (we are keeping track of these dates at:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2009_Marketing_Plan#Related_Conferences )
>
> The key dates we are considering are:
>
> 17 - 21 Nov 2009
> 23 - 27 Nov 2009 (US Thanksgiving is 26 Nov 2009. Is this a showstopper?)
> 20 - 24 Oct 2009

I don't know how many people this will affect but the GeoComputation
conference is planning to be in Sydney on 23Nov to 08 Dec 2009. If you
could avoid overlapping that would be cool but adjacency would be good
as it would allow splitting airfare over two grants.

For me the best would be a week between conferences so I have to have
a holiday! But I can see that may be a problem for others.

Ian
--

Ian Turton
http://www.geotools.org