[OSGeo-Discuss] Shapefile's dfb editing

M J jmfoobar at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 09:35:32 PST 2008

I don't know if this would matter but file name length could be something to
look at.

Some dbf files that open in Excel won't open in Access unless renamed to 8
(I think) characters or less.

Maybe if you rename it shorter and try it might work.

Definitely be careful with a live shapefile dbf though - you should probably
rename the shapefile to a shorter name and then try to open the dbf again.

Nif