[OSGeo-Discuss] Symbology/styles exchange

Lorenzo Becchi lorenzo at ominiverdi.com
Sat Dec 27 05:24:50 PST 2008

Andrea Aime wrote:

> Doh, interesting, and I thought it was for blog posts only...
> do you have some reference in mind, like one or more
> example sites I can look at?
there's a huge catalog[1].
an example chosen quickly is this:
http://www.freshapps.com/
(click on a title to see details expanded and look at "browse" section)

> Do you know any site made with wordpress that has this
> kde-looks ability to show the most interesting items by
> category with a screenshot, title and short description?
> (the visual component is key to such a site).

it was easier than what expected to find one[2]: the Plugin directory of
WordPress site offers a directory tree, with the number of related posts
and a "per popularity" order. Then I see they have a "Newest" and
"Recently Updated" index, guess this is not that difficult to customize.
What is lacking is the image but I still guess that should not be
difficult to add one.

ciao
lorenzo

[1] http://www.freshapps.com/