[OSGeo-Discuss] Where are all the FOSS OGC Client implementations?

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Sat Dec 27 20:18:54 PST 2008

Hi Folks

Has anyone made a table showing which FOSS projects provide client
implementations for the various OGC standards?

I have a client who is trying to build an interoperable system based on
OGC standards. The OGC site lists the a heap of standards  (see below
from http://www.opengeospatial.org/standards).

Assuming I want to test the system with FOSS clients, has anyone created
a list of FOSS OGC clients that they can point me to? We won't be using
all the standards listed below, but having a complete list for reference
would be very worthwhile.

I'm also interested to know if there are any gotchas - e.g. software XYZ
will only work against specific implementations of standard ABC....

Catalogue Service
CityGML
Coordinate Transformation
Filter Encoding
Geographic Objects
Geography Markup Language
Geospatial eXtensible Access Control Markup Language (GeoXACML)
GML in JPEG 2000
Grid Coverage Service
KML
Location Services (OpenLS)