[OSGeo-Discuss] Re: [Incubator] Service Provider Directory: Prioritization

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Feb 1 12:57:09 PST 2008

Jeroen Ticheler wrote:
> I think a PSC should establish a policy for their own project and
> possibly provide such listing on their own project website in the first
> place. This could be liberal for some, more conservative for others.
> OSGeo should follow the projects policy if it exists.
>
> To keep this manageable, OSGeo probably could be as strict as the most
> conservative policy (hehe, I'm sure there's many that don't like that
> ;-) ). In that way we can avoid that OSGeo lists service providers for a
> project that the project PSC itself is not happy with.
>
> If OSGeo wants to be as liberal as the most liberal PSC policy, adding a
> service provider fore sure requires more management.
>
> Maybe incubation should require a project to accept an OSGeo policy on
> this!?

Jeroen,

To be clear, I'm not suggesting that OSGeo have any policy for project
contributors other than that they identify contributors identified by the
project PSCs.  If a project PSC does not choose to identify any contributors
then no one would appear in the SPD listed as a contributor to that project.

OSGeo itself would list sponsoring organizations as contributors.

Note, as an SPD maintainer I do not want to be judging whether someone has
contributed to some project based on some criteria.  I just want a list
of organizations.

Best regards,