[OSGeo-Discuss] Planet OSGeo

Fee, James JMFee at tecinc.com
Wed Feb 13 19:00:08 PST 2008

Most modern blogging platforms support RSS feeds for categories/tags out of the box.  Wordpress and Wordpress.com do it by appending "/feed/" to the end of the category url.  For example if you wanted to subscribe to only OSGeo posts from my blog, you'd just subscribe to:

feed://www.spatiallyadjusted.com/category/open-source/open-source-geospatial-foundation/feed

There isn't really anything complicated about it.  You could also just subscribe to all open source posts via:

feed://www.spatiallyadjusted.com/category/open-source/feed/

It is just that simple.  Some folks in PlanetGS provide only category feeds.  I know Typepad can't do this and blogger couldn't before (not sure about that anymore).  But most folks should be migrating to Wordpress anyway for their blogging so this really isn't too much of an issue.

James Fee