[OSGeo-Discuss] Planet OSGeo

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu Feb 14 11:42:04 PST 2008

Fee, James wrote:
> I've tried to push folks blogging to step out behind their handles and
> put their names out there.  I think an OSGeo Planet that were to mimic
> the Planet Gnome would be a super idea.

I'm glad to hear that.

> I've not pushed the issue as
> I've tried to be as open as possible with Planet Geospatial,

Yup, this is perfectly understood. The Planet Geospatial (actually, You
do) does the great job.

> but if I were to create a more specific planet,
> I would "require" real name and possibly even photos.

Yes, would be great, so I'm silently dreaming about
planet with some/more personality.

> I think that adds so much credibility to the
> community than all the handles that folks seem to use.

This is one of the major goals.

> Setting up a planet is very easy (Use Venus, not Planet) but feel free
> to consider me a resource as to what I've learned and struggled on over
> the years with Planet Geospatial.

I will. Thank you very much James.

> I spend almost no time managing it
> beyond cleaning out old feeds (probably not an issue with Planet OSGeo)
> and adding new feeds (hopefully there a lot of folks wanting to blog
> about OSGeo).

Good to hear :-) I've also supposed there is not much to maintain.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net