[OSGeo-Discuss] SUM - Image Management in an RDBMS...(was OS Spatial environment 'sizing')

Bruce.Bannerman at dpi.vic.gov.au Bruce.Bannerman at dpi.vic.gov.au
Fri Feb 22 00:30:22 PST 2008

IMO:

Hello everyone,

Sorry for monopolising the list for the last day or so.

I think that I'll bring this to a close.

If anyone has anything to add, please email me off line.

To all who responded to this thread, thanks for helping me work through
these issues. It is good to know that there are such capable people in
OSGeo.

SUM:

It has become apparent to me that the issue of storing raster in a
database is not as high a priority for us as I had previously thought.
Paul has provided a good interim solution for us to get decent mosaics
out.

While multi spectral raster in a database is important and a goal that I
intend pursuing in the medium term, setting up a decent Production
environment to serve OGC services is a higher priority.

Hopefully we'll have a good open source product to evaluate for 'raster in
a database' when we get there.

Thanks again.

Bruce

> Using Mapserver, and a tile-indexed raster layer, you can publish a
> seamless view of as many source files as you like.  (Chris Hodgson did
> it for over 1000 source files, see http://mapserver.gis.umn.
> edu/community/conferences/MUM3/present/session2/hodgson/view)

Notice:

contained in this email.