[OSGeo-Discuss] Image Management in an RDBMS...(was OS Spatial environment 'sizing')

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Fri Feb 22 05:28:08 PST 2008

Bruce.Bannerman at dpi.vic.gov.au wrote:
> IMO:

[...]

>> I am probably too vector oriented to understand the problems
>> involved here but my experience is that there should be no issue if
>> you have your services configured all right.
>>

> I don't agree. But then my requirements are for spatial data that covers a
> large geographic area and is used by many people in a corporate
> environment.
>
> SOA, while it has definite advantages does not provide all of the answers.

Just for the records. I said that services are cool for all kinds of things, I did *not* say that SOA is *the* solution. Background: The term SOA is currently being (mis)used by minor IT corporations (IBM, SUN, Microsoft, SAP, Oracle and the like) to enhance their very private vendor-lock-in strategies. Therefore beware whenever someone says "SOA" and try to question their motivation.

Regards, Arnulf.

(c) by Arnulf's Corporate Paranoia (tm)