[OSGeo-Discuss] Image Handling in RDBMS

Lucena, Ivan ivan.lucena at pmldnet.com
Sat Feb 23 08:35:13 PST 2008

Dear Gilberto,

Unfortunately I could not follow the discussion since my last reply to
Bruce. I spent more time on air than on land in the last three days.

I believe that your message is a reply to Paul Ramsey message:
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/discuss/2008-February/003202.html. Am I
correct?

What I would like to reply to both is that there is a new open source
initiative on
http://trac.osgeo.org/*gdal*/browser/trunk/gdal/frmts/*terralib*, a GDAL
driver for Terralib *raster*. It is in a very preliminary stage. So far
it only returns gdalinfo queries but it will be available for all gdal
tools and API soon.

I hope that it will help to dismistify the raster-on-db issue at least a
little bit.

Best regards,

Ivan Lucena