[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo Hacking event in a monastry near Bolsena (Italy)!?

Jeroen Ticheler Jeroen.Ticheler at fao.org
Thu Jan 10 06:00:52 PST 2008

Dear all,
I've been thinking of getting an OSGeo "hacking" or code sprint event
setup in an Italian monastry. Friends of mine take care of the place
which is overlooking Lago Bolsena and offers space to 25 people in
small bedrooms :-) . Its probably one of the coolest places for such
an event. Quiet, isolated and serene. There's a good wireless and
wired internet connection, although I wouldn't bet my hand on it if we
all start to download satellite images. It should be perfect for SVN,
IRC and mail.

The cost would be about 200 Euro per person for the week (food not
included, we can organize that separately). There's a large kitchen
and large dining space. Obviously since the weather most likely
permits, we would eat outside overlooking the lake.

Have a look yourself, including looking at the photo gallery:

http://www.conventobolsena.org/

Where: http://tinyurl.com/2t6zby

Are people interested in such a thing? Looking at availability of the
place, best would be June or possibly in May (not always available!).

If there's enough interest, I can start getting people to sign up and
get a booking done. There would be 7 days time, so it can also be
divided into smaller time chunks that are occupied by different
projects.

Let me know, greetings from Rome,
Jeroen