[OSGeo-Discuss] Job Postings / Job Wanted

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Thu Jan 24 16:14:03 PST 2008

On 24-Jan-08, at 3:46 PM, Landon Blake wrote:

> I wonder if the wiki would be a more appropriate place for job
> postings?
> That would cut down on the spam. We could post the job openings there
> and delete them after a few weeks. That way a job posting wouldn't get
> buried in other e-mails.

I like this approach more than a list too.  Lists feel like
commitment - I'd rather view or hack a web page.

We could alternatively set up a simple form on www.osgeo.org that
let's anyone (registered) post entries and to see them all in a
list.  Many of the employers are already registered (via the service
provider directory).   (It would be a custom content type in Drupal
with 2-3 simple fields, similar to the news posting tools, though
with fewer restrictions.)

I've been daydreaming about a "community" site that has these kinds
of interactive tools for the broader OSGeo community, maybe a simple
job board in there would make sense?

Tyler