[OSGeo-Discuss] Job Postings / Job Wanted

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu Jan 24 16:32:08 PST 2008

Landon Blake wrote:
> I like this idea. But it means that someone has to volunteer to
> moderate. :] Another similar suggestion would be to collect job postings
> until there were X postings.
>
> I think we could combine this with a wiki page. I would be willing to
> maintain a wiki page for job postings.

There is a risk that wiki page will turn into a mess.
People want to filter, search, etc. through job postings.
Also, it would be nice to have simple 3-5 fields form for submissions.
Mailing list archives provide such options. Though, mailing list seems
to be/is spam prone.

How much of work would be required to prepare form + generate job offers
listing on the website using Drupal features, as Tyler suggested already?

Perhaps it would be worth to spend some time to prepare small engine
and than to organize long term maintenance procedure.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net