[OSGeo-Discuss] Job Postings / Job Wanted

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu Jan 24 17:29:14 PST 2008

Lorenzo Becchi wrote:
> Mailing list
> -mailman has already a moderation system
>
> Wiki
> - surely a mess:
> - to post something you need to know how Wiki syntax works
> - moderation is so difficult because you don't have a cue and have to
> look at any change.
>
> Web Form
> - needs development
> - needs moderation too
> - doesn't offer public debate ("can you please refine your offer?!?",
> "I'm not sure what you want to say about...", ecc.)
>
> my 0.02 € again

Looks like the mailman is the simplest.

May be there is yet another option, I mean collaboration with portals
like GISuser.com and use their database(s) + webtool to maintain job
postings but under dedicated category for OSGeo related postings.

Then we could just use atom/rss/whatever to list OSGeo-related job
offers on the osgeo.org website.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot