[OSGeo-Discuss] Using OpenOffice to write DocBook files

Jody Garnett jgarnett at refractions.net
Mon Jan 28 09:54:23 PST 2008

Open Office supports a set of Doc Book styles right now ... not sure I
understand what you are looking for. I have used DocBook before to make
online help (according to the eclipse writing guidelines). I used a tool
called XMLMind which was pretty scary but good once you got into it.
DocBook was much more suited to writing reference materials than
tutorials; but it at least has all the tags for button, menu and the
like so you can be specific when documenting software.

If you can try and stick to simplified docbook; save the gathering of
content into books for a script.

Jody