[OSGeo-Discuss] Fwd: I: M(')appare Milano follow on: the presentation and the translation in "English".

andrea giacomelli pibinko at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 08:01:17 PDT 2008

relationship between "local" communities and "local" organisations
with" global" communities and "global" organisations
 [with the term "global" to be intended as it used to be before the
post-modern concept of globalisation was defined].

>In the bulge of activities and projects, I managed to make available online the presentation I gave with a GFOSS.it/Italian OSGeo chapter hat in the closing meeting of the three-month mapping campaign in Milano (code name M(')appare Milano).
>
>The PDF is available, in Italian, from the "Presentazioni" section on  http://www.gfoss.it/drupal/materiale
>
>Thinking of the non-Italian reading audience, and trying not to spend a huge load of
time in the translation, I sought assistance from one of the known automated
translation services. And this is what I got:

>http://www.pibinko.org/out/20080702_xche_en_lsd.html
>
>I remember trying similar exercises when such services where launched, and having hours of sheer entertainment...I hadn't been trying this for a while, and what I read in computer-aided-
translation-English-with-no-review is *beyond all expectations*.

>I even discovered that one of the GFOSS.it board members is named Steven Coast
(Stefano Costa). I never realised this before today.