[OSGeo-Discuss] Chickens, Boards and Export Restrictions

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Thu Jun 12 09:20:20 PDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 8:56 AM, Arnulf Christl
<arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com> wrote:
> But instead, she incarnated in the US, the
> most backwater place imaginable wrt Open Source.

So, this raises two actions items:

- Putting our policy online (presumably copied from Apache
shamelessly) in a findable location, to conform to the legal norms of
our host nation.

- Having a plan to take better advantage of our host nation status. We
pay a good deal in terms of administrative overhead to be a fully
tax-exempt charity in the USofA, what fund raising plans have we
linked to that status?  Is that status gaining us anything at all, at
this point?  The only connection I have *ever* heard was Michael
Tiemann saying he'd only contribute if he could get a US tax
write-off.

Both these actions items fall to you, Tyler, could you give us an update?

BTW, one of the things at Refractions that made tasking more visible
for "go do this" roles, like the sysadmin, was entering absolutely
every request and job into Trac before fulfilling it.  Does anyone
thing a OSGeo trac would help or hinder? It might get a little stuffed
up with irrelevancies, but it would at least raise the visibility of
"things that need to be done". I assume SAC is already running one of
their own?

P.