[OSGeo-Discuss] Director's Insurance (Chickens, Boards and Export Restrictions)

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Jun 16 08:30:07 PDT 2008

Bruce.Bannerman at dpi.vic.gov.au wrote:
> I would like to ask the board to revisit this issue and provide clear
> guidance on just what support official position holders can expect from
> OSGeo.

Bruce,

Is this question with regard to local chapters, conference organizers,
or OSGeo officers in general?  If Tyler comes up with a "Directors and
Officers" insurance quote, would you be interested in reviewing it to see
if it does what you think is needed?

I'm quite concerned that comprehensive D&O insurance that covers us globally
is likely to be very expensive, and that "standard" D&O insurance is not
likely to give you the sort of fail-safe coverage that you seem to want.

Best regards,