[OSGeo-Discuss] GeospatialWebServices2008 : Live webcast update

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue Jun 17 19:43:54 PDT 2008

To be a little more constructive. I suggest you look into streaming with
  VLC or embedding VLC in the browser as Google Video has done.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/streaming.html

I do see the current issue primarily is that the webcasting is being
outsourced so you have little control. Anyone have suggestions for
services that use more open formats?

I was able to get the mp3 after clicking through some links, it's
misleading to think you need itunes to listen to a podcast.

Alex